Did you know it takes as little as one-tenth of a second for us to make a first impression? And when it comes to our homes, we make a first impression with our guests the moment we open the door. So does your entry make the first impression you want it to?
If not, here are a few things you can do to spruce up your entry and make a great first impression:
- Keep paint colors neutral
- Add a focal wall with large mirror, art, or clock
- Add lamps (Tip: set lamps on a timer. It adds warm light and provides safety)
- Add a few decorative accessories that you love
- Add a decorative rug to look good and keep dirt from trekking in
Here is a look at my entry way when we purchased our home and how it has been transformed. I love the Ballard Designs 3 piece Grand Palais Mirror and the dresser I scored for $100 off Craigslist and painted Sherwin Williams Refuge. My entry provides a warm welcome to all who enter my home and makes me happy every time I walk in the front door.