Dresser Transformation

This old dresser was a $100 Craiglist find. I decided that I needed something to store additional clothes in my closet, and I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new one. I also didn't want to spend money on one that would require me spending hours to put it together. So finding a used one that I could test out my new chalk paint on seemed like the perfect solution and in the end, it was. Score!

 

The dresser was dirtier than I would have liked so the project started with doing a thorough wipe down and vacuum out. Since I was using chalk paint, there was no additional sanding or prep needed.

 

I used 2 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg applied with a smooth roller and angled brush for crevices. Once completely dried, I used a matte polycrylic finish by Minwax applied with a foam brush to prevent brush strokes. 

 

Below are the before and after pictures: